iPrincipal

iThink iDream iWrite

A week in the life of a Principal

November10

So, it’s Sunday afternoon, and I’m perusing my calendar for the week ahead.  It’s got everything…meetings (face to face and online), assemblies, staff employment matters, building plans, a luncheon, a cemetery visit, classes, evening events…you name it, it’s happening this week!  And that’s before I even catch up with a student or teacher tomorrow morning.

A few weeks ago, I had a non-teacher type follow me around for a brief part of the day (about 45 minutes).  At the end of it, he commented how he couldn’t get over how many ‘gear-changes’ I’d made during that period.  He was referring to the people I had spoken to, the topics we discussed, the things I had read/perused/commented on and all the incidental things that happened in between. My PA and I stared at him blankly…we weren’t even trying to go fast!  Just out of interest (for myself, as much as anyone else), I’m going to have a go at blogging the week.  I’ll try my best to explain how each day was intended to go, and then go on to cover what else happened as each day unwound. Wish me luck.

Oh, and if you’d like to join me, let’s use #prinblog

by posted under Uncategorized | 2 Comments »    
2 Comments to

“A week in the life of a Principal”

1. November 10th, 2013 at 8:02 pm      Reply Mary Foskin Says:

Excellent idea! I’ll be interested to read what another principal’s day is like- we all have such different roles across the world. I’m in a 4 teacher rural school in Ireland and teach multi-classes all day. My admin is done after school. I’m sure we each feel our job is the most challenging! Looking forward to reading and commenting:-)

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Skip to toolbar