iPrincipal

iThink iDream iWrite

About iPrincipal

Hello!  My name is Kate Fogarty and I’m a Catholic Secondary Principal in regional Victoria, Australia. I also do some lecturing to fourth year Education students & quite a bit of public speaking.  You can find my school at www.assumption.vic.edu.au and I use twitter to build my own professional learning experiences & share with/learn from all kinds of educators (@katiefoges & @ackilmore).

I’m a huge enthusiast of 1:1 in the classroom and the possibilities it brings to learning. I’m inspired by the great teachers I see in action every day, both at my own school and online.

I’ve never been very good at sitting still, and love to try new things (within reason!).  I’m a bit addicted to ongoing study, and usually have some formal study on the go (currently Masters of Instructional Leadership at the University of Melbourne).

I’m proud to be a leader in Catholic education, because it formed me well and I see daily the wonderful opportunities, challenges and worldviews it can offer to young people.  Catholic schools have some challenges that other schools don’t face, but we also have great support networks and lots of smart people around to keep us on our toes!  We continually strive to understand and better articulate what it is that distinguishes us from other forms of education.  In a modern, secular world, we straddle a mid-gound between preparing young people for the exciting world of possibilities and the call we each have to grown into the best, most generous, peaceful and loving person we can be.

Follow me @katiefoges

4 Comments to

“About iPrincipal”

1. September 12th, 2010 at 4:13 pm      Reply John Crowley Says:

Great site Kate. I will follow with great interest!

2. October 7th, 2010 at 9:39 am      Reply Paul Turner Says:

Love the site Kate! Fantastic ideas and thoughts! I’m going to go back to reading it!

3. October 26th, 2011 at 4:38 pm      Reply Greg Miller Says:

Love this site. Will follow with interest.

4. November 11th, 2013 at 10:40 pm      Reply Trish S Says:

Love your recount of your day Kate.
    As principals there’s never a dull or quiet moment, except for when we sleep.
    Well done with your on going learning; great role modelling for staff and students.
    Enjoy those non -meeting nights; they help to refill our reservoirs for the big drain on energy levels on meeting nights.
    Trish S

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Skip to toolbar